What Is Organization Development?
Organization Development is a practice to help organizations build the capacity to change and achieve greater effectiveness. Organization Development Services (ODS) helps enhance congruence among organizational structure, process, strategy, people and culture by developing new and creative organizational solutions.
The ODS director works as a consultant and offers a range of services including:
- Change management - working with colleges, departments, committees and other groups to help them plan and implement significant change, especially as it affects people in their organizations.
- Strategic planning - providing planning sessions to achieve SWOTS analysis, develop vision, mission and value statements and build goals, strategies, objectives and measurable outcomes.
- Team development - helping a team develop its ability to work more effectively together.
- Human resource management interventions - focusing on personnel practices to help integrate people into organizations.
- Facilitation and group problem solving - helping a group identify a key issue, gather information about it and outline decisions or action plans needed to address the issue.
- Training solutions - finding training resources to help build skill level and support university change initiatives.
- Management and leadership development - Assisting managers to develop best practices for their work at UNL.
- Administrators Consultation Program - Confidential, individualized coaching to help new administrators adjust to their role at UNL by offering assistance in their roles as managers of people and finances.
- HR Supervisor Training
- Building a Committed and Effective Workforce at UNL by Strengthening the Skills of Supervisors and Managers
For More Information
For more information contact Nancy F. Myers at 402-472-8033 or email@example.com.
407 Canfield Administration
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68588-0438
Campus Mailing Address
407 ADMN (0438)
Nancy F. Myers
Director of Organization Dev.