Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 402-472-2600.
- Student Trip Insurance
- Worker's Compensation
- Certificate of Insurance for Youth Safety
- Certificate of Insurance for Facilities Use
- Volunteer Forms
The role of Risk Management is to protect and conserve the human, property, and financial resources of the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. To this end the university uses a variety of financing methods that include self-insurance and commercial insurance. It is important that all faculty and staff participate in the Risk Management program in order to protect and conserve the assets of the university. The various programs are as follows:
- All property owned by the University is covered under a blanket property program that provides coverage at a replacement cost value. On any property loss the department will pay a deductible of $2,000. Property losses should be reported to the Risk Manager. The Risk Manager will administer property losses of under $500,000 and the property insurance carrier will administer losses above the $500,000.
- The University has a self insured comprehensive general liability program. Worker's Compensation covers all employees of the university, including student workers. The coverage is for injuries arising out of and in the course of a person's employment. Worker's Compensation pays the employee's medical bills and, if the employee is off more than five (5) days, Worker's Compensation will pay 2/3 of the person's wages up to a statutory maximum. Human Resource policy allows an employee up to five (5) days of injury leave based on the normal hours the person worked. This can be used as long as there is a doctor's note stating the person should be off work. Work-related accidents should be reported to the Benefits Office immediately.
- Incident Report - Injury/Property Damage
- If you have had a general incident, which does not fall under Workers' Compensation, please use this form to report the incident to Risk Management.
- Automobile Coverage
- The University of Nebraska has liability coverage on all university vehicles used for business. For department owned vehicles there is an option to purchase full coverage for that vehicle with an extra charge to the department. Employees using personal vehicles on university business will have their personal auto insurance coverage, as primary and the university plan will be excess over this primary coverage. In the event of physical damage while used on university business the responsibility of the damage will be with the employee and their personal insurance. The university does not provide any coverage in this area. There are restrictions on who may drive and ride in a university vehicle. This information is on the Transportation Services website. Workers Compensation covers employees using a University vehicle on business. Students who ride in a University vehicle and are not employees have no coverage unless they have purchased the university's field trip insurance, which provides for $30,000 of accidental death coverage and $2,500 of accident medical coverage.
32 Canfield Administration Building North (ADMN)
P.O. Box 880409, Lincoln, NE 68588-0409