We provide care and support for faculty and staff and their family members at the time of a cancer diagnosis and throughout the cancer treatment process. We understand that cancer presents physical, emotional, financial, and spiritual challenges to individuals and their caregivers.
How we help:
- Understanding the resources at the university and the local community
- Counseling to assist with coping with a cancer diagnosis
- Helping individuals cope with the emotional problems that may be made worse by the cancer diagnosis
- Problem solving for financial concerns
- Counseling for caregivers for the social and emotional changes while caring for a loved one
- Caregiver support education
- Survivorship care for the emotional journey following treatment
- Referrals for cancer support groups in the community
Psychological Wellness During Cancer Treatment & the Journey to Follow
This program will help each participant create their own psychological wellness plan to reduce the chance of cancer recurrence. Both group and individiual sessions are available to help partcipants create their own personal plan. The dates are set to meet the needs of participants as they register. Call 402.472.3107 or email email@example.com to register.