Child Care & Lactation Support

Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account

The Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account may be used to pay dependent care expenses that are necessary for you and your spouse to work. Contact the Benefits office if you have questions at or phone iconbenefits@unl.edu402-472-2600.

UNL Children's Center

It is located on the eastern side of City Campus at 2225 "W" Street and provides care year round. The Children's Center serves faculty, staff, students and the community of Lincoln. Full-time care is provided for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years of age. The Center opens daily at 7:00 a.m. and closes at 6:00 p.m. The rates vary for students, faculty staff and the community.

Detailed information on this center is available at

Child Care Connection

Child Care Connection is a service provided by Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department to search for child care providers in Lincoln-Lancaster County.

To conduct a search for child care providers, visit

Ruth Staples Child Development Lab (CDL)

Operated by the College of Education and Human Family Sciences, 35th and Fair Streets on East Campus. The mission of the Ruth Staples Child Development Lab is education, outreach, and research. The mission distinguishes the Child Development Lab from other early childhood programs, which exist solely to provide the service of child care and education.

Detailed information is available at

Nebraska Department of Health & Human Services

If you are looking to learn more about child care in Nebraska, the Nebraska DHHS offers parents, providers, and the community valuable information needed to care for Nebraska's children.

Roster of Licensed Child Care and Preschool Programs in Nebraska. For assistance, call 1-800-600-1289 (toll free in Nebraska) or 402-71-9278 (in Lincoln).

Lactation Support Program 

The University of Nebraska—Lincoln recognizes the importance of supporting new mothers who wish to continue to breastfeed while they are at work or attending school. Employees, in consultation with their supervisors, are permitted to flex their work schedules for the purposes of lactation. There are a number of Lactation Spaces on campus. University Housing has a limited number of small refrigerators that may be borrowed for milk storage during the period of lactation. To arrange to borrow a refrigerator, please call the Housing Facilities Operations Office at 402-472-3561.

Read the Lactation Support Program Policy for details.

You can also find a variety of resources for new breastfeeding mothers from Healthly Lincoln with help on breastfeeding, mother's milk depots and peer-to-peer support. 

Parenting Support

Parenting classes with Love and Logic are available through the Employee Assistance Program. Individual sessions at the EAP for parenting support are also available.

The Counseling and School Psychology Clinic seeks to improve educational, social, emotional, and behavioral functioning and interactions of individuals, families, groups and counseling/therapy, consultation, and education. They conduct psychological and educational evaluations of children and youth to address referral questions from parents/caregivers and or schools. In addition, clinic therapists provide individual child and adult therapy to address a wide range of referral concerns.

Nebraska Autism Spectrum Disorder Network

The Nebraska Department of Education has developed the Nebraska Autism Spectrum Disorders Network to provide training and technical assistance to local school districts, educational service units and parents of children with Autism Spectrum Disorders. 

HearU Nebraska

HearU Nebraska provides hearing aids to children ages 0-18 with priority to newly identified children ages 0-3 years.