AccountabilityAccepts responsibility for own actions and decisions and demonstrates commitment to accomplish work in an ethical, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- Understands and meets deadlines in an efficient manner.
- Performs tasks accurately in an honest, ethical manner, working at established standards for quality
- Accepts responsibility for individual results.
- Establishes timelines for short-term projects and prioritizes workload to meet deadlines.
- Assumes responsibility for accomplishing projects in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Demonstrates awareness of consequences of own and others' actions, taking initial steps to address issues.
- Plans and approves schedules and ensures that overall program and exhibition deadlines are met.
- Ensures projects meet program standards.
- Resolves accountability issues in a fair and ethical manner.
AdaptabilityAdjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- Demonstrates flexibility in performing multiple tasks.
- Works efficiently to meet fixed and changing program and exhibit deadlines.
- Displays openness to implementing new processes and ideas using potentially limited resources.
- Adjusts to continuous change in a diverse work environment.
- Establishes deadlines and reprioritizes to address changing needs.
- Evaluates new trends and determines appropriateness for implementation in programs and exhibits.
- Seeks ideas from internal and external sources.
CommunicationEffectively conveys information and expresses thoughts and facts. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
- Listens and responds in a courteous and accurate manner to unit members, patrons and visitors.
- Directs inquiries and information accurately and effectively to appropriate resource.
- Receives and understands information and appropriately disseminates in a clear and concise manner.
- Researches, analyzes and interprets information accurately to make recommendations for problem solving.
- Promotes and models open exchange of information.
- Determines and provides direction on what information is communicated and how it is communicated within the unit.
- Ensures accuracy and appropriateness of the unit's communications to the university and external communities.
Customer/Quality FocusAnticipates, monitors, and meets the needs of customers and responds to them an appropriate manner. Demonstrates a personal commitment to identify customers' apparent and underlying needs and continually seeks to provide the highest quality service and product to all customers.
- Observes visitors' and patrons' reactions to programs, exhibits or the physical environment and provides feedback for unit improvements.
- Interacts effectively with visitors and patrons and projects a positive image.
- Evaluates customer satisfaction and researches and recommends ways to provide ongoing improvement of customer service.
- Adapts museum, artistic presentations and programs to accommodate a wide variety of audiences.
- Identifies past, present and future visitors and patrons and their needs.
- Develops and adjusts museum and arts programs to meet current and projected needs.
- Recommends programs to balance special interests and needs while appealing to a broad segment of customers.
InclusivenessInteracts appropriately with all business and community partners, members of and visitors to the campus community, without regard to individual characteristics. Demonstrates a personal commitment to create a hospitable and welcoming environment. Fosters respect for all individuals and points of view.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to valuing and respecting differences in perspective and background.
- Respects and supports unit's commitment to provide diverse programming and exhibits.
- Exhibits inclusive behavior and fosters an environment that promotes and respects individuality.
- Encourages and assists in the development of programming and exhibits that reflect diverse perspectives.
- Models inclusive behavior and provides opportunities for inclusiveness training and education.
- Monitors work environment and responds immediately to correct non-inclusive behavior.
- Ensures that long-term programming and exhibits reflect diverse perspectives.
Occupational Knowledge/Technology OrientationDemonstrates the appropriate level of proficiency in the principles and practices of one's field or profession. Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement, to include understanding and application of technology (hardware, software, equipment, and processes).
- Demonstrates fundamental understanding of responsibilities and uses available technology, tools and equipment safely and effectively.
- Displays willingness to learn and apply new techniques in the museum or arts field.
- Demonstrates proficiency within the museum and arts field and provides training on the safe and effective use of relevant technology.
- Keeps current with technological advancements and shares expertise.
- Provides training opportunities and serves as a resource.
- Ensures safe and proficient use of technology relevant to the museum and arts field.
Team FocusWorks cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a group identity characterized by pride, trust, and commitment.
- Cooperates with team members to complete tasks.
- Understands personal responsibility to the overall project, program or exhibit.
- Values contributions and understands responsibility of each team member.
- Develops short-term goals and works cooperatively to achieve them.
- Motivates team to achieve goals.
- Develops long-term goals and manages the team's overall process.
LeadershipCommunicates personal vision and the University's vision in ways that gain the support of others. Mentors, motivates, and guides others toward goals.
- Takes initiative to broaden understanding of program's and exhibition's goals.
- Displays a positive perspective in performance of daily activities.
- Takes initiative to assist new staff, students and volunteers.
- Shares experience and knowledge to assist unit in realization of goals.
- Supports and mentors staff to achieve goals and enhance unit performance.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans that blend the university's and the unit's mission.
- Advocates the overall role or mission of the unit to university and external communities.
- Motivates others to successfully meet unit goals.