We are offering a session for supervisors on guidance for completing the employee performance evaluation form and how to have an effective evaluation meeting.
In this session you will learn...
- the purpose of a performance evaluation, just one of the tools for managing performance and how to think beyond the evaluation.
- the process of completing the form(s) and having the conversation – the employee self-assessment, supervisor assessment, approvals, meeting with the employee, and finalizing signatures and filing.
- best practices on how to write meaningful and effective evaluations, SMART goal setting, handling difficult and unique situations, and legal compliance considerations.
This session uses the Performance Evaluation Form template provided by the Office of Human Resources; however, if your unit uses a different template or process, you will learn general guidance for the process. It is advisable to connect with your unit HR representative for applicability to your specific unit forms and processes.
Register online for one of these dates.
- Wed 4/12 1:30 - 3:00 Nebraska Union
- Tues 4/18 9:00 - 10:30 Nebraska East Union
- Wed 4/19 1:30 – 3:00 Virtual via Zoom
- Mon 4/24 9:00- 10:30 Nebraska Union
- Wed 4/26 9:00 - 10:30 Nebraska Union