Designed for supervisors, administrators and managers, the seminars will address effective performance management during the morning session and change management in the afternoon. Attendees can register for one or both sessions. Each seminar is limited to 40 persons. View schedule and register online at training.unl.edu. For more information contact Layton Brooks firstname.lastname@example.org or Kelly White email@example.com.
Presented by Layton Brooks and Kelly White, Human Resources
This session is designed for new supervisors or those who want to refresh their skills on developing and practicing strategies for engaging employees through performance management by:
- Setting the right tone through planning, establishing goals and setting expectations
- Using effective feedback and coaching techniques
- Understanding performance documentation and developing action plans that help improve performance.
Supervisor Communication Tools for Difficult Conversations
Presented by Nancy F. Myers, Organization Development
Superviosrs will learn how to communicate with employees about crucial issues by:
- Understanding the steps for preparing for a difficult employee performance conversation
- Preparing yourself emotionally for the conversation
- Building confidence for handling difficult conversations
- Being successful at meeting the goals of the conversation
- Creating psotive supervisor approcaches to coaching and dialogue