Human Resources COVID-19 Updates:
Our Response How to Keep Working & Stay Safe Self-Care

By January 31st of each calendar year, the university is required to report to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and the State of Nebraska Department of Revenue on a W-2 form for each employee the taxable wages and related compensation, income taxes withheld and certain payroll deduction for the previous calendar year. Wages are always reported for the year in which they are paid.

All University of Nebraska – City Campus W-2's will be mailed to the employee’s permanent home address in the University SAP payroll system prior to January 31st of each calendar year.

It is the employee’s responsibility to notify his/her payroll clerk of any address change. If an employee has already separated from the University, it is his/her responsibility to notify the Payroll Office of his/her permanent mailing address.

If an employee does not receive his/her W-2 for wages earned in the previous calendar year by February 10 of each calendar year, he/she should contact the university City Campus Payroll Office to determine if the W-2 had been returned to the Payroll Office by the U. S. Postal Service. If an employee did not receive his/her W-2 and it was not returned by the U.S. Postal Service, he/she may request a duplicate by completing a request for duplicate and providing proof of identification via a picture ID.