- Your department will provide you with your NUID. The NUID is a unique 8 digit number we created for you.
- Online claim of your My.UNL account and username (ex: jdoe2) to access the services provided by the UNL campus.
- Go to https://id.unl.edu/claim and enter your name as shown on your Social Security Card, birthdate and NUID.
- Set your password and create your security questions, which will enable you reset your password if you forget it. If you have difficulty claiming your My.UNL account please contact the UNL Information Technology Services Help Desk at 402-472-3970.
- Online activation of your Outlook email (Office 365).
- Online Claim of your TrueYou account and username (username = NUID) to access services provided by Central Administration.
- Get your physical ID card (NCard) at the NCard Office in the Nebraska Union.
- Talk to your department representative about what other services you may need:
- Computer – see your department computer technician
- Parking – http://parking.unl.edu/faculty-parking-permit-purchase-guide
- Door Access – http://police.unl.edu/building-access
- UNL-Air (Wireless access) – http://wireless-reg.unl.edu
- Blackboard (Academic Learning Management System) – https://my.unl.edu
- NUGrant (Research Administration System) – https://nugrant.unl.edu
- MyRed (Student Information Portal) – https://myred.nebraska.edu
- Firefly (Employee/Financial Portal) – https://firefly.nebraska.edu (available on first day of your appointment)
- Attend a New Employee Orientation session.
Printable PDF available at:
SAPPHIRE › Reference Guides › UNL › Human Resources › Onboarding › New Employee Onboarding Steps