Welcome to the University of Nebraska. The steps below will guide you through the process of setting up your access to services throughout the University system. After completing this process, services will be activated within 24–48 hours. All of these steps can be completed before you arrive on-campus.
Things to Do
Obtain Your NUID
To start, you will need your NUID. The NUID is a unique 8-digit number created for you. Your department will provide you with your NUID or you may look it up by visiting the TrueYou website.
Claim Your TrueYou and My.UNL Accounts
Visit the TrueYou website to claim your identity and set the passwords for your TrueYou and My.UNL accounts.
Your TrueYou account will be used to access university-wide services, and your My.UNL account will be used to access campus-specific services.
- Select the "Claim Your ID" link
- Enter your NUID and your Social Security Number OR personal email address you provided during the hiring process. Set your password and create your security questions, which will enable you to reset your passwords if you forget.
- View this visual guide on how to claim your employee account for more detailed instructions.
- Note: If you have difficulty claiming your accounts please contact the UNL Information Technology Services Help Center at 402-472-3970.
Activate/enable Other Services (in any order)
- Activate your UNL email (Microsoft Office 365).
- Get your physical ID card (NCard) at the NCard Office in the Nebraska Union
- You may submit your photo ahead of time through the NCard website.
- For building and door access, see your department.
- Talk to your department representative about what other services you may need:
Attend a New Employee Orientation session
Find an available New Employee Orientation session here