The University of Nebraska-Lincoln's Employee Assistance Program is a confidential service offered to UNL employees and their immediate family members at no charge. Consultation and counseling are available to help faculty and staff with personal or work related problems that can affect general well being, work performance, or academic performance.
- Assessment, Short Term Counseling and/or Referral - The EAP provides confidential assessment, short term counseling and referral to UNL employees and their immediate family members. Examples of issues addressed in EAP counseling include relationship issues, personal or family crisis, alcohol or drug problems, workplace conflict, financial worries, grief, stress, anxiety, depression and other personal concerns. Many situations can be assisted within a few visits at the EAP. If additional or specialized service is necessary, your EAP counselor will work with you to determine the most appropriate, affordable referral.
- Employee Emergency Loan Fund - The EAP administers a loan fund designed to assist non-probationary, regular employees in financial crisis who have no other means of obtaining financial assistance in an emergency. All of the money in this fund has been donated by UNL employees.
- Mediation/Conflict Resolution - When an objective third party is needed to help resolve interpersonal conflicts within the workplace, the EAP provides mediation services to assist in fostering effective communication and problem-solving.
- Trauma Debriefing - The EAP is available to provide assistance in individual sessions or groups to those who have been exposed to a traumatic event. After experience trauma, it is common to experience some emotional and physical symptoms. If treated within 72 hours, these symptoms can be reduced or eliminated.
UNL faculty, staff and members of their immediate family are eligible to utilize EAP services.
Confidentiality of EAP clients is guaranteed, except in certain imminent life-threatening circumstances, including child and elder abuse, suicide, or threats of harm to others.
Schedule an Appointment
Appointments are scheduled Monday through Friday. Lunch hour appointments and some limited before and after standard work hour appointments are available. You may use up to five hours of administrative leave time, with your supervisor's permission, or you may use sick leave or vacation time.
An appointment can be scheduled with an EAP counselor by calling (402) 472-3107 or 1-800-755-2655. For extended campus employees or family members who are unable to get to Lincoln for an appointment at the EAP office, a telephone appointment can be scheduled.
- Care Givers Support Group (formerly known as Support Group for Adult Children with Aging Parents)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Information for Managers and Supervisors
- Smoking Cessation
- Taking Care of Ourselves After a Challenging Event
- Women's Group on Personal Well-being
- Work and Family Life Topics & Online Self Assessment Tests
Employee Assistance Program
501 Building, Room 128
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Lincoln, NE 68588
Toll Free: 800-755-2655
Fax: (402) 472-8381
(Limited evening appointments are also available)