UNL HR Compensation and Employment staff provide tools and consultation to leaders regarding compensation decisions, as well as assist leadership in establishing and revising positions, determine classification of positions, assign employment category (M/P or O/S), make FLSA exemption designation (exempt/salaried or nonexempt/hourly-paid), facilitate recruitment and selection, and provide job-related information.
- Current Job Opportunities - For a list of UNL position openings, a description of the positions and the application process, please refer to employment.unl.edu
Student Employment Information
UNL Career Services gives students a one-stop start for job vacancies (business, government/internships), job seeking tips, career information, employer information, and campus interviews. Career Services will try to simplify the maze and direct students to the "best" resources as well as provide an effective starting point to other specialized resources.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) seeks to achieve a working and learning environment that is open to all people. Diversity is one hallmark of great institutions of learning and has long been one of the strengths of our society. Dignity and respect for all in the UNL community is the responsibility of each individual member of the community. The realization of that responsibility across the campus is critical to UNL's success.
UNL has a policy of equal educational and employment opportunities and of nondiscrimination in the classroom and workplace. Educational programs, support services and workplace behavior, including decisions regarding hiring, promotion, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, should be made without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation.
UNL is also committed to creating a safe, diverse and inclusive work and learning environment free from unlawful discrimination, harassment and violence. Read about the Chancellor's policy memorandum on Title IX Compliance here.
University of Nebraska-Lincoln provides excellent benefits. As a regular full-time employee, the following benefits will be available:
- Vacation Leave - accrued at the rate of one day per month initially, increasing thereafter.
- Sick Leave - accrued at the rate of one day per month initially, increasing thereafter.
- Holidays - twelve paid holidays per calendar year.
- Insurance - Health insurance is provided by the University with only a small contribution from employees. Additional types of insurance are also offered.
- Reimbursement Accounts - allow you to pay certain expenses tax-free. Two accounts are available- a health care account and a dependent care account.
- Retirement - plans provide for a tax sheltered employee contribution with a higher University contribution that is immediately vested.
- Credit Union - Membership in the University Federal Credit Union allows employees to designate savings/checking and loan payments through payroll deduction.
- Employee & Dependent Scholarship Program - Available to regular, full-time staff, it provides opportunity to broaden education and improve skills inventory by taking classes at a reduced rate.
- Employee Assistance Program - Provides confidential, short-term counseling, assessment and referral for regular employees and their immediate family members who seek assistance for personal concerns.
- Professional Training & Development - Workshops, seminars, programs and services to help build skills, enhance abilities and strengthen competencies on and off the job.
Employment and Career Resources
- Lincoln Employment Agencies
- Educational Institutions
- Large Employers in Lincoln
- Large Employers in Omaha
- Omaha Employment Agencies
- Nebraska Newspapers
- Career Specific Websites
Explore other career opportunities at...
- UNL Career Services - gives students a one-stop start for job vacancies (business, government/internships), job seeking tips, career information, employer information, and campus interviews. Career Services will try to simplify the maze and direct students to the "best" resources as well as provide an effective starting point to other specialized resources.
- Employment Opportunities at the State of Nebraska
- Employment Opportunities at the City of Lincoln
- Employment Opportunities at the Nebraska Job Service
- Other University of Nebraska Campuses:
NU Values is the compensation and performance management system covering the managerial/professional and office/service employees of the University of Nebraska. This system organizes positions at the University into fifteen job families. It allows the University to be more competitive by enabling Human Resources to align family pay scales with the labor market pay scales. It is an open, flexible system that presents employees and supervisors with clear objectives and paths for career growth. Its goal is to empower employees to increase personal responsibility for job accomplishments.