Lincoln, NE 68588-0438
phone icon402-472-3101 | 402-472-9040 (fax)
Employment Opportunities: For a list of position openings, a description of the positions and the application process, please refer to employment.unl.edu.
We provide tools and consultation to leaders regarding compensation decisions, as well as assist leadership in establishing and revising positions, determine classification of positions, assign employment category (M/P or O/S), make FLSA exemption designation (exempt/salaried or nonexempt/hourly-paid), facilitate recruitment and selection, and provide job-related information.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL) seeks to achieve a working and learning environment that is open to all people. Diversity is one hallmark of great institutions of learning and has long been one of the strengths of our society. Dignity and respect for all in the UNL community is the responsibility of each individual member of the community. The realization of that responsibility across the campus is critical to UNL's success.
UNL has a policy of equal educational and employment opportunities and of nondiscrimination in the classroom and workplace. Educational programs, support services and workplace behavior, including decisions regarding hiring, promotion, discipline, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment, should be made without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or sexual orientation.
UNL is also committed to creating a safe, diverse and inclusive work and learning environment free from unlawful discrimination, harassment and violence. Read about the Chancellor's policy memorandum on Title IX Compliance. (See also the Office of Institutional Equity and Compliance)
As a regular full-time employee, the following benefits are available:
- Vacation Leave - accrued at the rate of one day per month initially, increasing thereafter.
- Sick Leave - accrued at the rate of one day per month initially, increasing thereafter.
- Holidays - twelve (12) paid holidays per calendar year.
- Insurance - Health insurance is provided by the University of Nebraska with only a small contribution from employees. Additional types of insurance are also offered.
- Flexible Spending Account - allows you to pay certain expenses tax-free.
- Retirement - plans provide for a tax sheltered employee contribution with a higher University contribution that is immediately vested.
- Discounts and special services - as a university employee, there are many services and discounts available to you across campus.
- University of Nebraska Federal Credit Union - Membership in the University Federal Credit Union allows employees to designate savings/checking and loan payments through payroll deduction.
- Employee & Dependent Scholarship Programs - Available to regular, full-time staff, it provides opportunity to broaden education and improve skills inventory by taking classes at a reduced rate.
- Employee Assistance Program - Provides confidential, short-term counseling, assessment and referral for regular employees and their immediate family members who seek assistance for personal concerns.
- Professional Training & Development - Workshops, seminars, programs and services to help build skills, enhance abilities and strengthen competencies on and off the job.
- University Association for Administrative Development (UAAD) - Leadership, networking, professional development and growth for the university's managerial / professional employees. Programs are usually held once per month during the academic year.
- University of Nebraska Office Professional Association (UNOPA) - Provides seminars and workshops that promote professional development and high professional standards for educational office personnel with the University of Nebraska-Lincoln. Programs are usually held once per month during the academic year.
Explore other employment opportunities at...
- Career Services helps students in all majors and colleges make academic and career decisions, gain experience and pursue employment or further education.
- Employment Opportunities at the State of Nebraska
- Employment Opportunities at the City of Lincoln
- Employment Opportunities at the Nebraska Job Service
- Other University of Nebraska Campuses:
NU Value is the compensation and performance management system covering the managerial/professional and office/service employees of the University of Nebraska. This system organizes positions at the University into fifteen job families. It allows the University to be more competitive by enabling Human Resources to align family pay scales with the labor market pay scales. It is an open, flexible system that presents employees and supervisors with clear objectives and paths for career growth. Its goal is to empower employees to increase personal responsibility for job accomplishments.