The University of Nebraska offers an extensive benefits package that includes health, life, disability and long term care insurance; retirement accounts; tuition reimbursement for employees and their spouses and dependent children; and reimbursement accounts for health care and dependent day care. Leave policies are designed to help employees deal with personal or family events or crises. Please refer to the University of Nebraska Benefits site for information.
Employee Self Service (ESS)
Firefly is the online access for benefit eligible employees to their personal data stored in SAP, the university's administrative computing system.
Online Benefit Open-House Presentation
The online session included presentations from UMR, Ameritas and University Benefits Staff with a Q/A at the end. These will be available for viewing through open enrollment (10/29 – 11/16).
NUFlex Benefits Enrollment Newsletter
Please read all of the enrollment information carefully. Take time to review your current benefits and make decisions that will be best for you and your family in 2019. Additional NUFlex Benefits information may be viewed on the university’s benefits webpage at www.nebraska.edu/benefits.
- What's New in 2019 and what's continued from 2018
- Enrollment Checklist
- Benefits Enrollment information (how to enroll and confirm your benefits)
- Employee Plus One Benefits
- Wellstream Health Risk Assessment information
- Medical Coverage from UMR, a United Healthcare company
- Prescription Drug Coverage through CVS Caremark
- Dental through Ameritas and Vision Coverage through EyeMed Vision Care
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs) for healthcare and dependent care
- Long-Term Disability (LTD) Coverage and Life insurance