The following reflects the values and principles to which university leaders aspire in their daily activities and interactions with members of the office/service and managerial/staff.
We believe that the strength of the organization is in its people.
We value integrity and honest communication, and we declare them to be guiding principles in managing the human resources of the campus community.
We value and embrace differences in people and cultures, recognizing that such differences are vital to the excitement and challenges of an academic environment.
We serve many people-including students, faculty, staff, and others-and we make their needs our highest priority.
We value a healthful and safe work environment that supports people working together to achieve the goals of the organization.
We are committed to providing a fair reward structure to employees.
We value every employee's contributions, we expect every employee to meet established performance expectations, and we work to encourage excellence in a variety of ways:
- we treat every person with respect
- we give ongoing informal feedback about performance
- we give formal feedback about performance at least once each year
We support career and professional growth by allowing reasonable time away from work to attend workshops and seminars and by encouraging employees to attend academic classes.
We recognize that work is only one aspect of a person's life, and we support employee efforts to balance their personal and professional lives:
- we provide opportunities for non-traditional work arrangements when it is possible to do so without compromising work efficiency or productivity
- we support employee efforts to maintain good physical, mental, and emotional health.