The University of Nebraska provides employees an opportunity to participate in both basic and supplemental retirement plans. Both plans allow employees to invest their retirement plan contributions into a number of different investment vehicles managed by Fidelity Investments and TIAA. The services provided by TIAA and Fidelity counselors is a free service offered by the university.
Meeting with a financial counselor for the first time? Not sure where to start? Here is a list of questions that may help you get started.
- How does the retirement plan work?
- What are the best investment choices for me?
- Am I currently saving enough?
- How do I take the money out after I retire/leave the university?
- Do I need a supplemental account?
The important thing to remember is that the financial counselors are here to help you understand and utilize your university retirement accounts.
Schedule an appointment with...
- Fidelity Investments
- To schedule a time to discuss investment planning issues with a Fidelity consultant, call their Reservation System 800-642-7131 to find out when they will be on campus and reserve your appointment.
- To schedule a one-on-one counseling session to discuss your current or future TIAA investments, call 800-732-8353 between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm CT to find out when they will be on campus and reserve your appointment. If calling outside of business hours, you can call 866-842-2908 extension 0 and leave a message.