The University of Nebraska-Lincoln presents a Service Award to all regular employees who complete intervals of five calendar years of service, calculated on consolidated or continuous regular employment.
Celebration of Service
Congratulations to all of the 2018 recipients!
- Edward Becker, Philosophy
- Roger Bruning, Educational Psychology
- Allan Peterson, Mathematics
- Brett Ratcliffe, Entomology
- Jacqueline Wilken, Athletics
- Douglas Carlson, University Television
- Kathleen Johnson, University Libraries
- Danny Ladely, Mary Riepma Ross Media Arts Center
- Leann Messing, English
- Kenneth Nickerson, Biological Sciences
- Lee Peshek, U.S. Meat Animal Research Center
- Helen Sexton, Political Science
- Richard Shaw, U.S. Meat Animal Research Center
- Anthony Starace, Physics and Astronomy
- Margaret Van Diest, University Libraries
- Jane Wemhoff, University Housing
Schedule for Tuesday, September 25, 2018
9 to 11 a.m. — Reception for Service Award winners at the Lied Center for Performing Arts. Award recipients can pick up awards in the Steinhart Room. Coffee social offered in the Orchestra Lobby.
11 to 11:45 a.m. — Celebration of Service ceremony at Kimball Recital Hall. Includes a historic overview by Rick Alloway, associate professor of broadcasting; presentation of honors to employees celebrating 45- and 50-year work anniversaries; and program honoring winners of significant honors at Kimball Recital Hall.
Noon — University picnic, Sheldon Sculpture Garden. The meal will include a barbecue beef sandwich or vegetarian option, chips, cookie, Dairy Store ice cream and Pepsi products.